Tuesday 23 September 2014

Uninvited Visitors.

In recent years the streets of England have been filled with aggressive charity collectors trying to harass people and shame them into giving what little they have. All think their cause is more worthy than that of others. But we only have a finite amount to give. I have causes I support and even if they approach me in this way I'm irritated. Most charities pay young people to undertake this task. Most are politely dismissed.

That is much harder though if they ring one's buzzer, say they can't hear you then accost in the corridors of one's own home. That is going too far. Whilst it is a charity I have some sympathy for I certainly won't be giving to them after such an unwanted intrusion.

Still irritated I find myself rather restless. Haydn plays which is good, I ate a fine Beef Rendang I made yesterday-not enough chilli-and I consider what to do next. A book? Some writing? Not really sure. Oh that I could deal with the unexpected as well at home as I do at work. And all after a nice day.

The countdown to mayhem continues. Monday will be D Day. After the last 2 years I approach it with a little trepidation. But I usually cope even in the most testing of times. For now though I continue to wrestle with our new data recording system-finally we go into the 21st century. Even techno-phobe like me looks forward to that!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment