Tuesday 9 September 2014

The Final Day.

All good things must come to an end. Yes today is the last day of my holiday. Tomorrow I return to early starts, expecting the unexpected and generally being bust pretty much right through to April. The next few weeks will see me undertaking some of my least favourite parts of my jobs but I'm sure we will soon be up and running with important things.

Fortunately the sun has been shining and generally agreeable. I went for a 40 minute walk which was good. Given how much I'm eating not smoking I think I will have to try to make that a regular event. Where I'm going to find the time though I have no idea.

By way of a change I'm listening to the Bruch violin concerto, not listened to that in some months. Some days too since I listened to any opera.

The time has flown but in the main I have enjoyed myself. Seeing Ros, my fantastic birthday and then such a splendid wedding. I guess I have been spoiled by good things this summer. I'm quite fond of autumn as a general rule. No doubt it will fly to Christmas, then the dark months of February and March will slow my mood. But that is leaping ahead. Far too much to do before then.

I have chosen the Middle East for today's food, some chicken roasted marinaded in sumac, cinnamon, lime juice and olive oil, perhaps some harissa and cumin potatoes to go with it. On my last day I must have some fine food.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment