Wednesday 10 September 2014

Autumn Beauty.

Most of you may have noticed that I'm not really a morning person. So going to bed last night I wasn't really looking forward to such an early start to return to work. Yet the the morning that greeted me was so beautiful in the bright autumn sunshine with that tell tale chill in the air. The leaves are already beginning to turn. Give it a couple of weeks and the main route into town will look more like New England in the fall than Hertfordshire in autumn. I don't approve of the lack of pubs in my town-it was conceived by a Quaker-but the tree lined avenues are most special. Few sights offer such early morning beauty a a sun lit autumn morning.

Buoyed by this I faced the day. Lots of e mails to deal with, coffee with our excellent chaplain and a phone interview. Never done one of those before. It was not for a job but for my Service Improvement project on my MSc which has been nominated for an award for innovation. I assume it must have gone okay as next stop is Black Tie ceremony in October. Exciting stuff although I suspect I will be an also ran in the great scheme of things. Nice to be included. I wonder if I can still fit in my Dinner Suit which has not been worn since I gave up smoking?

Back at home I did a fiery Vietnamese dish of chicken stir fried with lemongrass and chillies, a glass of Chardonnay, and a Handel opera. Not too bad a start to the back to work phase that now faces me. How long until I get tested I wonder? Not long I guess, I have had to go to hospital with detained students in the first week of each of the last 2 academic years. Here's hoping for no repeat of those scenarios.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment