Friday 26 September 2014

Pills, Fluids and Rest.

Plenty of fluids. Isn't that always what Doctors say to those with viruses? For the past 3 days I've been popping pills, drinking copious amounts of water and resting. Whatever has afflicted me-and several of my friends-has certainly worn me out. I did manage to venture out for an hour or so, just enough time to brave the Turkish barber and to do a little shopping. A brief foray to support my friend's charity coffee party then I had to retire to bed. With luck it will shift over the weekend and I can be set for Monday. Yes Monday, perhaps the most chaotic day of my academic year-students arrive tomorrow.

Staying warm at home I'm listening to Mozart's C Minor Mass.Think I may read for a while. Having put it to one side for a while I'm back on Seven Pillars of Wisdom. Having been hugely disappointed by my venture into Henry James-how to write a book where nothing happens-in all honesty I wish I had stuck to the T E Lawrence when I was away. 3 new books arrived recently, 2 by a friend from the PGCE days and the follow up to Gabriel's Angel, Stranger Than Kindness. Might start on that tomorrow.

If my luck holds, next time I'm on here I will be feeling more human. Now there is a toast!

I Heard a Voice

No comments:

Post a Comment