Monday 15 September 2014

Relentlessly Positive.

This morning I attended my 6th Vice-Chancellor's address to the University. I missed last year's as I was on holiday. My recollection of my very first was utter confusion. All was confusion in those days. Since then there has been a mix of trumpeting our success and doom and gloom. So it was with some surprise that I listened to an overwhelmingly positive address.

Living through 13 years of New Labour taught me a new word, spin. Of course most statements to the public are spun to an extent. It is really exciting the outlook sounds so good but given what I have heard from a number of sources my ride for the next 9 months could be rocky. But I'd be bored without the excitement.

Back at home I took tea, watched Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall drumming up I vegetarian feast that even I would relish it, and contemplating cooking or going out. Laksa won so I'm off out shortly.

As I stand on the cusp of another manic year I feel well placed. Mood is good but not too good. I'm not too anxious and there will be change. Whether it is change that I will like time will tell. But life would get very stale if it carried on in the same way year in year out.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment