Monday 17 March 2014

The Shining Yellow Moon.

With the light fading on a fine early spring evening I sat on the train back from Cambridge. With the sun gone we were instead illuminated by a brilliant yellow full moon. A true sight to behold. Wasted on a train journey. My mind went back to Paul Simon's ground breaking album "Graceland" with the moon in the African sky.

Little did I know that the journey would descend into farce. Owing to engineering works I had to get out at Stevenage and catch a bus. Sadly the driver had absolutely no idea where he was going. Guided by the passengers, some mobile satnavs he missed the turning to the first stop. Immediately an argument broke out between 2 passengers on which way to go. I thought it would come to blows. The rather obnoxious and aggressive man who marched to the front of the bus won the argument. That us to a low bridge which we cleared a mere couple of inches.

In the end I got back some time later than planned. Normally it would just have annoyed me but I simply marvelled at the amazingly laid back West Indian a driver who took it all in his stride despite his confusion.

Back to reality now. And that means back to my studies. Tedious things like washing have to be done too but will make up for that with a very rare organic sirloin steak. Hoping to be done by 9 pm as I have to give advice about psychosis then. Does it ever stop? Maybe at Easter. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

PS And happy birthday to my dad, 77 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment