Saturday 8 March 2014

New Life Springs Forth.

On a beautiful day I can say that spring has definitely sprung here in Hertfordshire. The sun has been blazing all day, the daffodils are out and people are perambulating without coats. Yesterday found me at a low ebb. Today I feel better.

My foray out in the world was all too brief but I did acquire 5 books for the princely price of £3 - Henry James, D H Lawrence, and Shakespeare - in the final day sale of my nearby book shop. I will miss it. Back home once again I did battle with databases and was marginally more successful Still can't find what I'm looking for but I am building my grid which forms part of my formative assignment. Simplifying terms has helped. I've had enough for today but will try to return tomorrow after the ethnic football.

Of supreme importance though I'm back in my kitchen. Lamb from Spain is on the menu today. A half leg on the bone smothered in a paste of garlic, pimenton, fennel seeds, salt, pepper, and olive oil is slow roasting away on a bed of thyme and bay vegetables. I did it once before for Miriam and Nigel. It was a catastrophe that time but I've learned now how to do it.

Accompanying my afternoon has been Mozart opera; an early Italian effort today. All very pleasant. It all helps lift the mood. Richard will be round at 6.30 bearing good Rioja so it should be a fine evening. Hope you all have fun too.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment