Wednesday 28 March 2012

A Trumpet Shall Sound!

Hi to all my friendly readers. Yes this month there have been more of you through my dark times of recent weeks.

Yesterday I received a rather garbled text from my dad saying my mum was in hospital. I rushed down to Kent on the train and saw her unconscious in a hospital bed. At 2 o'clock this afternoon she died very peacefully. I am at home with my dad and my sister trying to make sense of things and working out how to do this blog.

We moved to live by the sea when I was 9 years old. My mum swam in that very same sea every day of the year when the weather was good for nearly 33 years. She was taken ill whilst doing what she loved and never recovered. Perhaps it is fitting that the sea she so respected, loved, and feared took her in the end.

My views and those of mum have differd radically since I got ill. I lost my faith but hers continued. We had different beliefs but at a time like this I hope she is right and I am wrong.

I think of the astonishing piece of music that is Handel's "Messiah" and am drawn to the words near the end:

"A Trumpet shall sound and the dead will be raised incorruptible". Such power in those words. I guess she knows the answer now to what she believed all her life. I will find out one day.

So for now I revert to what I do best. I will cook for us and we will take each minute as it comes.

Thanks to all of you.

I Heard a Voice.

1 comment:

  1. My thoughts are with you at this sad time. XxxxX

    ReplyDelete