Saturday 24 March 2012

Strange Days

The last 2 days have been most odd. I woke up yesterday after several nightmares feeling very tired and quite low. I didn't want to go to work but I did. Not expecting to get much done I was presented with an envelope by my friend Karen bearing the marks of the Vice Chancellor's office. Somewhat surprised I wondered what on earth they would want. I opened it unusually quickly and was quite simply stunned by the contents. It was a letter notifying me that I had been nominated for an award as employee of the year. My first thought was why on earth anyone would want to nominate me for an award? The second thought was who could have done it? My third was one of irony-given my recent problems there leading to my mental meltdown on the last few weeks, how ironic would it be to win such an award?

Actually I doubt I will even make the short list but nice nonetheless. It did lift my mood somewhat. So I went to Hakalok to eat Malaysian and see Joey. That was very nice.

Yet this morning I awoke back in that feeling of emptiness and apathy again. I couldn't find anything I wanted to do today, not even to cook. So I have rather drifted through a strange Saturday in which for the first time in ages I have felt utterly bored.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring? I do have a plan to go and watch the university play American Football and then to eat slow roast shoulder of pork. Perhaps that will make me re-engage with the world.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment