Thursday 15 March 2012

The Slow March to Sanity

Slowly, very slowly I think I am getting there. I seem through the worst of it. Now it is just low mood and complete apathy that I'm having to contend with. I think it is what some shrinks refer to as dysthymia. Many years ago whilst utterly psychotic, depressed and suicidal some fool of a junior Doctor diagnosed me with that. What a fuckwit! It would take another 9 months until I found someone who really knew what she was talking about.

She was called Heather and I will for ever be in her debt for giving me the Holy Grail of risperidone. The rest was of course supposed to be history. But life has a habit of being unpredictable and so I find myself fighting my way out of my third major relapse since 2001. That is not bad going considering what I have even if Heather left before she could give it a real name.

I find myself vaguely thinking I should go back to work next week but have no motivation to do so. I called my friend in Occupational Health today and she will see me on Monday. Perhaps then I can make a better decision.

In the mean time I try to plug away at the new book. It is coming on, I'm up to 70,000 words now. I did think it would be about 80,000 but I now think it will be a little longer than that. I wonder if anyone will want to read it though.

Who knows what tomorrow will bring? I do know that I'm supposed to be going to Cambridge on Saturday to sing. I think I will leave that decision until the actual day.

Bye for now.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment