Sunday 8 April 2018

Dining Alone.

Aside from the radio and the almost inaudible hum of the oven all is quiet in my world. I ventured briefly to the shop to buy a paper. The sunny optimism of recent days has been dulled by a wet grey day outside. And I am alone. In the main I quite like my own company so living alone does not really worry me. Today I like being on my own.

Mentally the weekend has been less good than the week. A combination of flat mood and boredom makes the day go slowly. Yesterday was in all honesty a bit of a write off. Today I think my mood is a little brighter although a difficult night made getting up a chore once again.

I had originally planned to entertain this evening. I invited both Sarah and Jo to dinner but neither could make it in the end. Shame but does help to keep the anxiety at bay. Increasingly I'm finding on days that I plan to cook for others I wake quite worried and not sure if I have done the right thing.

For the record and honouring the food dedication of this blog there is a half shoulder of lamb in the oven flavoured with garlic and rosemary and seasoned with salt and pepper slow roasting with an aim to eat around 6.30. It certainly fills the flat with marvellous aromas.

To entertain myself I have had Classic FM on since I woke up. I have read all my usual parts of The Sunday Times and it awaits disposal once the contractors have emptied the recycling bins. That is an action that has been sadly lacking in recent weeks.

Next week will unfold with a trip to London and a trip to Hatfield. Things to do and people to see. I envision being off the next two weeks but am really hoping for a return the week after that. My trip to Cambridge is looming, get to see Jayne, Miriam and Nigel for The Marriage of Figaro. So life is not completely empty. But I will be relieved when the time comes to get back to some form a routine.

Enjoy your Sunday and have a safe week.

I Heard a Voice.

2 comments:

  1. thanks very much for your blog. i too suffer from depression and very much enjoy reading yr posts. they are very inspiring for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom, many thanks for your comment. Glad you find my musings helpful. It is a strange experience broadcasting my life to so many unknown people around the world so it is always heartening when someone gets in touch. Mark

    ReplyDelete