Friday 6 April 2018

Blazers and Sunshine.

The sun came out today. The air was warm, the sky blue and the wind lacking. A day for a blazer and a walk in the countryside. After recent cold and rain it was most pleasant to go out without a heavy coat and acknowledge that warmer times beckon.

Taking a walk I tried to drop into St John's Church to have a look round. Sadly it was shut but I did meet the priest who was out walking his dog and he advised it is often open but with the holidays a lot of people who take turns manning the church were on holiday. Another time I hope.

Over the years I have seen and sung in a good few churches and cathedrals. Too many in fact to recount them all but the world of the church is far from alien. I have moved away from religion but can still appreciate beauty and history.

Another week is over. On Monday it will be three months since I went off sick. That is far and a way more than I've ever taken off since my so called career began in 2001. I contacted Lena earlier in the week and we have arranged to meet but not until next Thursday. This will delay things somewhat but so be it. She is right in suggesting we must get it right. So looks like I'm away another couple of weeks assuming I can see occupational health the week after.

So what to do in the meantime? My kitchen adventures are in full swing. Just made a Thai curry paste. With all the genuine ingredients I'm paying the price of using fresh turmeric with distinctly yellow fingers. Sarah is coming to for Sunday roast I hope, I bought a half shoulder of lamb. Flavoured with fresh rosemary and garlic I may make my own mint sauce.

It has been a week for seeing people. Sarah on Wednesday for curry, another Sarah and Alyssa for lunch yesterday and various people on my travels. That theme will continue next week as I'm hoping to see my old friend Emma Harding to whom I dedicated Charon's Ferry. Some nine years have gone by since we were last able to meet. The joys of careers and children. Also hoping to see Josephine who used to run the pub on Wednesday.

With that I leave you all. I think it has been a good week and that I'm heading in the right direction.

I Heard a Voice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment