Thursday 31 August 2017

Why the Hell am I Up?

It has just gone 7.30 am, the autumn sun is up and running on what looks at this point to be a chilly day and I'm on holiday. So why the hell am I up at this time? And posting? Ah, can't believe I can't sleep. I woke at 6.10 am and sensed that was it. I struggled on trying to sleep but to no avail.

For all the marvels of the last glorious weekend my sleep has been poor ever since I left work on Friday. You may recall that brings alarm bells for me. During my last break you may remember poor sleep led to a break down in mood. I really don't want to go through that again. Curiously enough this is not down to bad dreams. The dream challenges are largely not very evident at the moment.

My birthday yesterday was good despite the pouring rain. So many people called, text, messaged and posted on social media that it made me realise how lucky I am to have such friends. A lunchtime trip to The Waggoners was very pleasant. In the evening Dory and her family joined me with Yang at The Fu Hao. It was a slightly mixed experience as a number of tables were unexpectedly full and Yang was very flustered. The food was good though.

Today I think I will get the bus to St Albans. I had intended to go blackberry picking this week but what the country folk used to call "The Devil pissing on the blackberries" seems to have occurred early this year and they look spoilt in the woods. Oh well, there is always next year.

Even though I'm a third through my holiday thoughts of work are still popping into my mind. I'm not overly anxious but I'm aware that when I'm back the great storm of my eleventh academic year will soon be upon us. Two years on from graduation only parts of my predictions have come to pass. Life is still rocky and unsettled. I cannot see anything coming that will assist me. It appears I remain where I was when I started way back on 3rd September 2007. I had so much more energy and optimism then. Now I at times struggle to get through a single day let alone a year. I must strive not to feel jaded.

On that note I will leave you. Do enjoy the autumnal hues, tinges and light. Soon the mists will rise on the Mimram and my favoured season will be here in more than just hints.

I Heard a Voice.

1 comment:

  1. Hello all, I'm back. Not the best start to today. I really didn't need that. Fortunately not all was lost of the day.

    My trip to St Albans was pleasant. Visited Little Marrakech as I often do, perambulated the autumn offerings in the shops. I came away empty handed but not downhearted.

    Home in time for an inudulgence at the Turkish barber's, some food shopping then Pimm's with a bowl of Kentish cherries.

    A fiery Thai stir fry of prawns, shallots, garlic, beans, birdseye chillies and Holy basil lifted the spirits and the temperature and now to Mozart. Even managed to stay dry. Now all I need is some sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete