Sunday 13 August 2017

Retreating Seasons.

Autumn appears once again to have gone back to bed. After my post of yesterday, the sun shone, the rain stayed away and the temperature rose. We are reminded that summer has not wholly given up the ghost but is still fighting to stay alive. What will tomorrow bring?

On this glorious day I spent a pleasant hour or so in the garden of The Plough at Datchworth. Wonderful garden, walled on one side, a sun trap if ever there was one. A pint of Cornish ale made it extra special. And the wasps stayed away.

Today I'm feeling pretty good. Sleep was okay, the dreams sporadic and the waking gentle. Unfortunately the Co op seems to be lacking in copies of the Sunday Times so reading has not featured much. Verdi did though, Aida.

Lunch was a magnificent Thai green papaya salad. I say green but actually I let the papaya ripen too much so not quite as authentic as I had hoped. My chicken will go in to roast at around 4.10 pm. Aim to eat at 6.30 pm.

For now I will stick to my glass of Pimm's, a little TV and contentedness of having a day at home with no demands being placed on me and my mood in a good place. Long may it last.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment