Sunday 6 August 2017

Rising Late and Lazy Days.

The lateness of the hour at which I emerged this morning was indicative of over doing things on Friday. Thinking I was in for a pleasant catching up evening with my friend John it morphed into boisterous loud chaos as I ran headlong into Jo several glasses of wine down and holding a challenging court. I do so like to see Jo but sometimes a quiet evening is called for. Waking yesterday I felt I should have toned it down somewhat. Then today the tiredness took over.

Given how awful last weekend was this has been positively splendid. I didn't really do a lot but to escape from the despair of deep depression and fear that surrounded me that is fine. Aside from my adventures in the kitchen I have achieved nothing. But that is okay.

The cricket has been interesting to say the least. Real pitches giving a fine contest between bat and ball have led to a marvellous series in which runs have been hard to come by. As I write Moeen Ali is carving the ball to all parts. England are in strong position and the end of series is likely tomorrow. Having waited so long for Test Match cricket it has come and gone so quickly.

Summer feels on the wane now. I'm still several weeks away from the storm that will break once term starts. Enjoy the peace for it will not last. The rest of today will be marked by roast pork, just put the potatoes and fennel in to roast too, and delayed opera day. Still undecided what to play but play I will. I have a third of a bottle of Rioja left so I guess I will have a couple of glasses.

I'm hoping dad had a good time away. I know he gets quite anxious at times and has a habit of forgetting things. But a weekend away watching aircraft is very much his thing. In a couple of weeks time I will return to Kent for the first time since March. On a couple of occasions I have thought of visiting but he was busy each time. It will be good to see old friends when I do get there.

See you in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment