Sunday 27 August 2017

The Shimmering Sea.

Could it have gone better? My old friend Helen got married yesterday on a radiant, warm and sunny Bank Holiday Saturday. Friends from near and far, unexpected faces and a reception by the beach made it a magical day. As darkness was coming the sea front was packed, a band played dressed in Hawaiian shirts and people thronged the holiday night. I didn't stay for the hog roast rather coming back early evening to meet up with dad.

So after all that why did I wake so early and obsess about work? I'm on holiday now until 11th September but my memories of a tense, difficult and unpleasant Friday still loom large. The world will go on in my absence and the challenges will keep coming but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to deal with things that cannot be solved as the buck is passed back and forth and no one knows what to do next.

Enough of that though, away from the shimmering sea the sun is once again high in the sky, dad is at church and there is a Food Festival taking place at the cricket club. Returned down here in Kent the thought of coming back seems attractive. But to what and to whom? There are currently no irons in any fires in my world. I glimpsed something of interest in the week but I think the pitfalls outweigh any attraction to it.

For now I must focus on here and now. Recuperate if I can ever sleep beyond 9 am and catch up with friends. I intend to remain here until Tuesday. I expect some disruption on the trains as I know that Charing Cross, Waterloo and London Bridge are all shut this week. But I'm not in any hurry, I will just go with the flow.

And with that I will leave you. I'm meeting friends at the Food Festival at 1 pm, dad will I think tag along later. Roast beef lies in wait this evening and I'm looking forward to going to Borough Market next Saturday, a long awaited return after the terrible attack back in June.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment