Sunday 20 November 2016

The Brave and Foolhardy.

Gazing out on another bleak day I see nothing that will entice me away from the warmth of my flat. A night of heavy rain and continuous morning drizzle has left the outside world only to the brave and foolhardy.

I woke a little earlier today after yet another night staying up too late. Had a lovely evening with Jo in the curry house then met some new friends in the pub. How quickly this weekend has gone. A light lunch of pork pie and salad was sufficient to sate my hunger along with a very sweet pear. I'm looking forward to what I hope will be very rare beef later. I invited Richard along to join me. So an evening of good food and fine wine looks on the cards.

Thus far I have avoided looking at my diary for the week. Off the top of my head I may have some breathing space then but those windows for catch up do seem to close oh so quickly. I have my talk at a local school coming up a week on Wednesday. Must carve out some time to prepare for that.

In the meantime, music illuminates this dull afternoon, Don Giovanni at the moment. Might perhaps move onto Handel later. I'm in for the duration now, the hours ticking by until that dreaded moment of the alarm going off and another week beginning.

Will see you all in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment