Monday 28 November 2016

So What Next?

Little has changed with my most recent malady since I posted yesterday. My voice is a guteral and sore bass, the cough continues and on any given moment I almost expect to launch forth in another sneezing fit. Not good. Waking around 7.00 am it was clear I was no use to man nor beast so I called in and announced my absence. I was in bed all morning in the end.

When I finally emerged a brief foray brought lunch and something to cook later. Will the iron in my piece of liver hasten a recovery enough for Wednesday? I sincerely hope so.

For now though at least I'm in the warm, a recording of Mendelssohn's Elijah is on the radio and I made a little progress on my reading. I managed to complete Graham Greene's Our Man in Havana on Saturday. Looking at my pile of unread books I chose D H Lawrence's The Plumed Serpent as my next classic author adventure. Who said education finished at school and university? My literary education continues each and every week as I seek respite from the demands of daily life and incessant staring at screens.

My mood has been surprising unaffected by this cold and the frustration that brings. Once again my mood diary is far behind my present so need to attend to that at some point. My GP was most pleased with how things are going mentally when we met a few weeks ago. There is little time left before I can rest and recharge. As they say touch wood for luck but I have nearly made it through the gruelling opening term of year 10. Oh how the University has changed in that time. I sometimes have a fond nostalgia for what once was. But it truth each and every year has brought its share of immense challenge and rocky nerves. But I'm still there. And cold aside going strong.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment