Saturday 12 November 2016

No Room at the Inn.

On a grey, wet and gloomy day what better to do after the shopping than a pint in country pub with a roaring fire, fine company and good ale. Well that didn't quite go to plan. Arriving at The Waggoners in steady rain only to find it packed to the rafters, I found no room at the inn as they say. Shame as I fancied seeing my friends there again.

Instead I drove over to The Cowper Arms, a pub within walking distance of my flat but one I haven't visited for some time. The ale was less good, I don't know anyone and couldn't get near the fire. But it was good all the same.

After my rocky week I'm on dry land now. Yesterday there was a little clarity given to me, I've only waited 9 years for that. Time will tell as we look to the future. I never hold my breath but let us be hopeful.

Back at home it was washing and cleaning that took a little time. Dull I know but really needed to be done. I have the England South Africa rugby on, comfortable lead for us at least at present. After that it is on to the kitchen.

The greyness of today needs hearty fare so I will be doing a beef and ale casserole once the rugby finishes. Proper English cold weather tradition. Tomorrow brings a light lunch of sprats so beloved by my mum. And then a slow roast lamb shank. I have some nice Rioja to go with that and a good bottle of Adnam's ale to go with my casserole.

After my travels of recent weeks it is quite nice to be home. No pressure just keeping warm and appreciating the moment.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment