Sunday 27 November 2016

Match Abandoned.

I had been really looking forward to singing "Lo He Comes With Clouds Descending" at the church of St Francis of Assisi on the Parkway this evening. Not sung that epic hymn since Ledger's funeral in December 2012. But it was not to be. After a difficult coughing and spluttering night I decided to abandon my plan for the day forego the Advent Carol Service.

In truth if I'm going to appear at Stanborough School on Wednesday I need to husband what is left of my voice. Although it is only a cold and nothing worse I feel pretty poor and have little or no motivation to do much. Of course I have to eat and after some consideration to the contrary I took the plunge and did make my lunch time booking at The White Hart. The roast beef was so pink Beka would have been delighted by it. And she knows all about good beef.

Back at home I listened to our 1979 recording of the Procession and Carols for Advent Sunday. But now what? Not got much energy left so I think I will just root myself on the sofa and stare at the TV for a few hours. They have a Rick Stein day on the Food Channel so that is good and the NFL awaits later.

And what of tomorrow? If I feel as I do now I'm staying home. Let us hope that occasion doesn't transpire.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment