Sunday 6 November 2016

Reflections on the Water.

I really ought to take another stroll down to the beach. On a crisp, sunny November day I have no doubt the beautiful reflection of the light on the water would be worth seeing. When I walked down yesterday there was a dangerous brooding sky with a mere glimpse of sun, a bleak but stunning view which I tried and failed to adequately record on my phone camera.

The end of my latest visit to Kent is nigh. Dad is at church and I'm roasting a chicken. Different ovens take a while to get used to but I think I'm getting the hang of it. It has been nice to be away and all of 9 years since I left I felt the first pang of wanting to come back here.

Funny really I never regarded Hythe as home growing up. I had after all left for boarding school a week after my 9th birthday and began 13 years as an itinerant nomad. The result was finally forced back here by circumstance I was utterly isolated. What happened next is widely known. Years later as I fought to overcome what I called paranoia but was really more akin to extreme anxiety Hythe eventually enveloped me as one of its own. Then I left again.

Who knows if I will ever move back this way. Maybe never. But for a short while I was back and part of it. It has never been the most exciting place but it has some good.

For the second week in a row I'm expecting a difficult journey home. Have to get a bus from Alexandra Palace. Didn't have time to check trains this end. But home I will get then it will be time to face off to week 7 of this academic year. Last week's rage aside I'm still doing okay. See you all in the week.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment