Friday 19 June 2015

Touching the Past.

Just a few days after writing my last post on here and a man from those days has indirectly come back into my life. My new manager has only been in post a month so I'm only just getting to know him. Over the weeks it has evolved that he has connections in Cambridge. Not just Cambridge but Selwyn. Then today I put the final piece of the jigsaw in place and realised that his partner is none other than the former chaplain of Selwyn from my undergraduate days. God it is a small world.

There is no particular reason why said chaplain should remember me but I probably recalls those days 25 years ago more than he does. It was seared into my consciousness all those years ago. Today those memories are no longer overwhelming me. Just some times.

For the fourth year in a row I attended the Vice Chancellor's Awards ceremony. No nominations for me but my lovely friend Karen was short-listed. Sadly she didn't win but she was so delighted just to be nominated.

And so another weekend is upon us. I have no plans. Had Singapore curry crab fro my supper, it was just okay. I think perhaps a chicken on Sunday, I feel a visit to the butcher is on the cards. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment