Thursday 11 June 2015

A Travelling Reading Room.

Of the many aspects we highlight of holidays is the time it gives me to read. My battle to get time, energy and motivation to read has led me to start, get part way but never finish a number of books over the last few months. My epic quest to complete Seven Pillars of Wisdom is still an ongoing concern owing to the fact it is too fat a book to fit in my pocket. But I did make progress on other books.

Flights and bus journeys can be tedious. Escaping the heat of the day with a beer in a quiet bar. All of these afford me time to read that I never get at home. So during my time in Spain I completed Matthew Fort's marvellous Sweet Honey, Bitter Lemons, and managed to get more than 2/3rds through my friend Jack's book Autogeddon Day. Not a classic but very funny in places and I always like to support my friend's published work. So when that is done I will turn to the books of my other friends Mark and Lexi. Many other books lie unread but with no study going on now maybe time will get easier.

There were no crises at work today. It is the quiet season. A few students want to see me but the pace of life is currently more sedate.

The roast pork of yesterday was very good. The aged ribeye steak today a little less successful. Tomorrow brings prawns, I feel a Thai curry coming on. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment