Thursday 25 June 2015

It is Wise to Wait.

Hello everyone! And by God a lot of you are around this month. I return to the fold of writing. My absence is explained by a clue I left in my last post. Not even I could have predicted how awful the away day was. I have been left seething for 2 days. Tempers were frayed, voices raised, naked aggression came to the fore. Oh how none of us like to be attacked.

Coming away feeling utterly isolated and thinking I had alienated everyone I retreated into my inner rage and hid away from the world. Yet 3 days later I'm back on track. It would appear I was not on my own and more than person has said that my outburst needed to be said.

Calm is restored. I returned to my kitchen, some rather nice Thai stir fried pork with ginger, spring onions and black fungus. Quite a success. More pork tomorrow and I think lunch at The Waggoners on Sunday as choral evensong is on at the local church that day so I might go along.

Talking of church and singing it appears that the former chaplain of Selwyn from all those years ago does remember me. Not only me but a specific conversation. He famously clashed with the choir as he felt it detracted from the worship of God. In a way I agreed with him. Apparently aged 19 I suggested to him that people used the chapel for a number of reasons, some for God, some for music, some for other reasons. My use had nothing to do with God but it appears Martin actually found my suggestion quite helpful given the hostility he faced from the choir.

Is it pompous? Is it arrogant? Is it intelligent? Or is it naivety? Not perhaps what one might expect of a 19 year old.

See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment