Saturday 20 June 2015

Opera in the Rain.

The rain is coming down quite hard out there now. I've not seen the sun all day and although I ventured out to shop, for lunch at The Horse and Groom, and to the butcher, most of the afternoon has been spent listening to opera as it pours down outside. Not much of a summer's day.

Fortunately we were blessed with pretty good weather at Ascot on Wednesday. It was windy though sending plates and glasses flying at regular intervals during lunch and whilst we were in watching the races demolished most of a gazebos set up by visitors. I feel quite lucky not get covered in mayonnaise or champagne or both. It was a marvellous day out although it appeared from the accents and bad behaviour as if half of Essex had donned suits or dresses and hats to grace us with their presence. Hoping to go again next year.

In another coup I have managed secure a ticket for the Friday at Lord's for the Ashes. My friend Charlie tells me they are like gold dust so I really struck lucky there. Another highlight to look forward to.

So for now I watch the rain stream down my window panes and enjoy a quiet Saturday. Steak pie for supper with some Jersey Royal potatoes and vegetables then slow roast lamb tomorrow. I do so love my cooking.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment