Thursday 5 March 2015

Old Faces, New Places.

Greetings all, a rare afternoon venture on here. In truth I have been struggling with a bad throat and cold since I got up this morning. Not wanting to pass the lurgy round I stayed home and slept most of the morning. The afternoon has been just resting and listening to Massenet's opera Cleopatre. Good stuff to listen to whilst under the weather. I'm sure it will go quickly and I can return to the chaos that is passing for normal at present.

Yet it was of last night that I planned to blog. On Monday purely out of the blue I e mailed one of my old Cambridge friends to say hi. It has been several years since I saw him, he lived in Chicago for some time so a bit of a challenge. As chance would have it he was planning on meeting up with the old crew from Selwyn days last night. So off I went to a pub on Harley Street, Inn 1888, well worth a visit if you are in the vicinity followed by the most marvellous curry I've had in years. Mixed starters of tandoori meats and prawns followed in my case by a wonderful shatkora gosht, fresh, tangy and citrusy. It was a revelation.

So good to reconnect with my past after all those years in the wilderness. We have all aged a little, we take a life a little more seriously than we did then but have we changed that much? Stories of old and stories of new. It is now 24 years since we graduated. All are doing well. Am I? Well I set my targets in a different way. I am not judged by what little I earn. No I am judged by what little good I do in life.

Let us hope for a healthier tomorrow. Until then, I say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment