Saturday 7 March 2015

Certificate Received.

Prior to my return to Cambridge in 1999 to do the PGCE I taught myself A Level Philosophy. It was never my intention to teach myself but there was no one else doing it so not enough for a class. I passed with a very  disappointing C grade. To make it worse they failed to send the certificate to the college and when I challenged them they swore blind it had been sent. They wanted to charge for a replacement and I couldn't afford it. So nothing to show for a year of work.

Fast forward to 2013-2015 and I have completed another qualification. It is one infinitely more valuable. And yesterday my certificate arrived along with a transcript of my marks. So I can add the letters MSc to the existing MA (Cantab) and PGCE. Trying to keep my life low key I do not use those letters very often. But I have them.

Away from achievement I continue to struggle with a sore throat, fatigue and general not feeling good. I abandoned my plan to go to St Albans. I did manage a little domestic tedium-God I miss my cleaner-then had a little drive in the country. Stopped for a pint in the sunshine at The White Horse in Burnham Green. Very pleasant on a nice spring day.

Thai is on the menu tonight, pork stir fried with chilli and basil, fire here we come. And tomorrow a roasted gammon joint. With luck I will feel somewhat better then.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment