Friday 6 March 2015

Dream Reprisal.

There is a beautiful spring day going on outside. The sun is shining, the bulbs are out in force and away from the wind it is warm. Sadly I'm still battling a sore throat and feeling rough. For the second day in a row I was forced to cancel everything and stay home. Shame as I had plans for lunch with my old friend David, the former Dean of Students.

Owing to an oversight yesterday I did have to go into town again to pick up my prescription from the GP surgery. I did a little shopping, had sandwich then came straight home. I parked near my old flat, it's great up there in spring. It made me think of happy times. In  truth the memories are mixed. I had so little money back then I could hardly do anything. I was very lonely baring a couple of visitors every now and again. And much of the time I had to sleep in the main house following flood damage in the flat. And the dreams.

Hard to believe but it is nearly 10 months since I gave up smoking. Many people ask me do I feel better? Breathing wise I feel no different. I suppose I have a little more energy. I'm certainly fatter. But it is the curtailing of the nightmares that has defined my no smoking life. Unfortunately this morning just when I needed sleep the nightmares flooded back.

So as I listen to Cosi Fan Tutte in my sunlit flat I'm struggling to stay awake. So tired, it is amazing how much feeling unwell impacts of sleep. Let us hope for more tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment