Monday 9 March 2015

And So It Goes On.

Last night despite still feeling exhausted I thought I was on the mend. After a terrible night's sleep it all came back and I stayed home again. I cannot stop sleeping, the coughing makes my chest hurt and I feel generally shit. It has been going on since Thursday although in truth the overwhelming desire to sleep for England goes back to my melt down before Christmas.

So on a day that has seen winter edged back I'm stuck at home. I did manage to watch Rick Stein in Morocco and Turkey. I've seen it many times before but was struck today by his trip to Gaziantep in the east of Turkey so near the Syrian border. He visited in kinder but still troubled times. Now from what I've heard it is dangerous territory. This war that has raged for so long and killed so many deeply saddens me. Does anyone really know what it is about? I don't.

The programme got me thinking that I have neglected my North African and Middle Eastern food recently. So tonight I will pan fry a mackerel fillet in some Moroccan spices and eat a health salad. If I have any energy left over-somewhat doubtful-I will cook a lamb and prune tagine for tomorrow.

For now I listen to Handel's Sosarme, Re Di Media and rest. Tonight Bizet's Carmen is on the radio. Let us hope I can stay awake long enough to listen to it.

I Heard a Voice.


No comments:

Post a Comment