Tuesday 10 March 2015

A Change of Fortune?

When I finally emerged on yet another day of staying home the sun was shining, the temperature was up and a glorious day lay outside. Having survived the first couple of hours without a hideous coughing fit I risked going  for a walk. The result is I'm still standing and feeling that at last this latest setback is abating. It is my intention to go back to reality tomorrow.

Curiously enough this has not really had a detrimental effect on my mental health. Normally if I'm off a few days I tend to veer towards being depressed. I have felt unsettled, a fraud and guilty but I haven't felt depressed.

Whatever I have missed I have missed. I cannot be there all the time. Term is beginning to wind down now. After Easter it will go in the blink of an eye. Year 8. Has it really been that long? I travel to Kent to see dad on Friday. His birthday is coming up so we're hoping to go out for a celebratory curry.

Tonight I have a tagine. The Moroccan mackerel of yesterday was delicious. Light and healthy. The tagine will be much heartier.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment