Sunday 22 March 2015

Home Comforts.

Spring is definitely here. What a glorious day and so nice not to have to work when the sun is shining. It has been a day of home comforts, long lazy lie in, good coffee, a touch of smoked haddock for a light lunch and now a fine chicken is roasting away in the oven. I'm listening to Palestrina after a morning of Purcell. I haven't been lazing all day, I managed to fit in a walk. That was very much needed after last night's feast. Jo and I were just decadent, copious amounts of spiced lamb courtesy of me and copious amounts of Eton mess courtesy of Jo. We had a lovely evening.

So what of the week to come? In truth I can't be bothered to look at my diary. That can wait until the morning. I suppose at some stage I ought to make some comment on the increasingly visible mental health agenda that for once has come centre stage in the soon to be launched election campaign. Yes those of us who live here and are lucky enough to get a vote are anticipating a general election in 6 weeks. The right wing UKIP group has in some respect turned British politics upside down. What will happen is anyone's guess. I have a friend who is standing for UKIP. My left and right wing friends here are equally worried by UKIP.

Let tomorrow be tomorrow, I plan to enjoy the rest of today and not fret about the future. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment