Saturday 21 March 2015

A Touch of Moroccan Spice.

What a dull day. After the later sunshine of yesterday we have had disappointment today. Sadly the skies didn't clear in time to see the eclipse where we are. Despite taking Monday off last week seemed an awfully long one. Well it is over now and the weekend is here.

I'm not done much today. I did some tidying and cleaning as I have a friend coming for dinner. Jo has not sampled my food before so let's hope it turns out okay. It can't be much worse than the terrible beef rendang I had in Hakalok last night. So salty. I had a few bottles of Tsing Tao to make up for it though.

Given Jo's love of lamb I have turned to the wonderful spices of Morocco for supper. A half shoulder smothered in butter, cumin, ginger, garlic, pimenton and dried ginger. It looks a treat. There is something wonderful about slow roasted lamb that comes apart without a knife, slips off the bone and crisps the skin. Jo is bringing pudding.

As for the rest of the weekend it is sleeping, cooking roast chicken and my usual Sunday afternoon opera fest. Time to recharge the batteries. My mood remains okay, not slipped under for a little while now. Maybe I will post again tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment