Monday 30 March 2015

Not Meant To Be.

A couple of weeks ago it looked like I was in for a really busy weekend. I had invites to London on Friday for a leaving dinner, Borough Market on Saturday, China Town with Ros on Sunday and catching up with our mutual friend Rebecca tonight for the first time in nearly 20 years. Well it is Monday evening, I'm at home having a beer, my bank balance has not been dented by tickets and I haven't stepped on a train at all. So it didn't go to plan.

Actually missing Ros and Rebecca was on account of sick children so that really can't be helped. There will be other times and with luck next time all 3 of us will be together.

Having slept appallingly, 3 1/2 hours max it is actually nice to spend an evening doing nothing. Dad returned from Somerset far earlier than anticipated yesterday and we had some fun. The belly pork with fennel, thyme and garlic was good and we felt very fat.

It is the final week of term. I'm booked out apart from some sort of team building day tomorrow. I never quite know what to make of such things. I'm hoping to catch up on all my paperwork over the break. Then it may get a little quieter. Have to go, Miriam is on the phone.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment