Thursday 3 July 2014

Lilies, Cherries and Dragonflies.

The water lilies are out on the lake. The dragonflies are darting across the rippling water. And the cost of cherries is now acceptable. Summer is here. It has been a beautiful, warm if humid day. Back in the days of my darkness I used to take refuge amongst the reeds and lilies on the nearby canal. It was a secret place hidden by water and land. It is where I listened to that voice. One afternoon I shared my spot with an adder sunning itself. We co existed peacefully for 3 hours. I've always loved water and lilies. Tragically a couple of week ago I saw my very sacred spot on the BBC website after a young woman was dragged in there and sexually assaulted by an unknown man early one morning. An appalling tragedy and desecration. Not how I wanted to see my place.

Life is quiet now, students few and far between and a time to catch up. My culinary forays have been limited but successful. Tonight it is a Vietnamese pork curry. I raided the Chinese supermarket today returning laden with goodies to my bare cupboards. Tomorrow I am eating and drinking in Meldreth with my old Cambridge friend Hugh. Not seen him for a couple of years. Then back to my culinary adventures over the weekend. Prague is looming.

Of the students I have seen the girl who came on Monday had been known to me by name and story for some time but I had yet to meet her. She rather surprised me by saying she is reading "A Pillar of Impotence". Apparently her care co-ordinator had recommended it. Her comment was "I feel like you have been stalking my life!" Yet again it is not just my story, that was a reason I wrote it. Then tonight a moving and heartfelt commentary on it by a man I have known since my singing days as a child. He seemed stunned and in awe of it. But Simon it is not to be awed it, just the strange twists of fate that has been my life. Somehow I survived.

Onwards we go. It is good to hear praise but it is not deserved. Another step tomorrow, then another, can any of us do more than that?

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment