Saturday 12 July 2014

Lazy, Hazy Days of Summer.

Welcome to another Saturday. What a glorious day. Summer has definitely arrived. I welcome the sun but not the flies. The UK is basking in a fine summer at the moment. The Test match appears to be heading for a draw but given that both sides have had batting collapses at Trent Bridge who knows what will happen.

So what of me on this fine weekend? Well I've only been semi lazy. Did a spot of shopping and some cleaning when I got home. I had a healthy lunch of a goat's cheese salad. Never been a fan before but decided to give it a go. Mild and delicious. I plan to undo the healthy bit later with Vietnamese BBQ ribs which have been marinading since last night.

I had a glass of Pimm's when I got home. Well what else is one supposed to do on such a nice day with the cricket on? Then Darjeeling tea. At times like this my mood is good, not too good if you know what I mean, just good. Where it is safe to be.

For a change I'm not cooking tomorrow. Rather I'm going out to the Cowper Arms just up the road in Digswell for Sunday lunch with my friends Gary and Ali. Then but 6 working days remain until I get away. Can't wait now!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment