Friday 18 July 2014

A Green Top.

When I finally caught sight of the score in the 2nd Test at Lord's at about 5.40 pm yesterday I felt England had done well. 220 odd for 7 but didn't really take much notice. It wasn't until I got home and watched the highlights late last night that I was stunned to learn it was a very bad performance. It is the greenest pitch I have ever see. Green and grass on a humid day means a bowlers paradise. How in the world England failed to knock India over for 150 I will never know. Well I do, as usual they bowled too short. Is it really that difficult? These are highly trained professional athletes. It is beyond me.

Cricket aside yesterday things were a little different for me. I was in my governor capacity for the Mental Health Trust. There is a sense of foreboding at the financial world for the NHS. More cuts are on the way. In real terms it means fewer people are taken on board and they are that much iller. What was a crisis 5 years ago no longer is today. There simply aren't the resources any more. Challenging times ahead.

We are in the middle of a heat wave here. Temperatures are in the 30s, it's oppressively humid and there was a terrific storm in the night. Strange thing is I slept right through it. Given though that I once slept through an earthquake anything is possible on my medication. Heat brings insects and I really don't like insect. I fear an invasion when I'm away so took the precaution of leaving a key with a friend to pop in and check.

I must start preparing for our trip. We fly out early on Tuesday evening. I am anxious for some reason but I'm sure it will all be fine. I just hope the anxiety doesn't bring a downturn in mood. If you recall I was very anxious before my last holiday. Maybe I got it from mum.

There may be a post or 2 over the weekend then it is unlikely I will be on here until I get back on the 29th. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment