Saturday 5 July 2014

Hanoi Here I Come.

Hail and salutations on a warm, wet, and humid Saturday afternoon. I've been dodging the showers today although it has been pleasant. Back in doors now listening to a Handel opera and and reading. I've been neglecting T E Lawrence for too long so been getting back into it.

The title of the post makes me sound very adventurous, well yes I am but only in the kitchen. Today I will be attempting the Northern Vietnamese classic of Hanoi fried fish with turmeric and dill. Catfish is very hard to get around here so have had to make do with haddock. So my ventures into the world of the sea continues.

I have been on my travels much closer to home. I took a train to Meldreth just south of Cambridge after work yesterday to meet my old Selwyn friend Hugh. We had not met for some 3 years so we had a lot of catching up to do. A good evening of beer, simple food and the words of long lost friends. We aim not to leave it so long next time.

The countdown to my holiday is now under way. I bought some foreign currency today and dad sent all the details. Quite looking forward to it really. I'm used to only having a break at the end of the summer so this year it will be a bit different.

My mind is calm with not much to worry me. I'm waiting for an e mail which may or may not come. I'm expecting silence but one never knows. Maybe it will be good news if it does arrive.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment