Wednesday 30 July 2014

Following a Genius.

I'm back! Sorry for the error strewn post from Prague, had severe IT problems over there. Aside from that it did get better! Yes were are all slightly ridiculous on holiday but we all did well. Eclectic group of people but some real gems amongst us.

We arrived home at 1.30 am exhausted after a tortuous return journey but it was fun. And I found Mozart in a abundance which was a supreme joy that hadn't really crossed my mind before we travelled. Vienna is full of people in costume trying to sell tickets to Mozart. Don Giovanni plays nightly in Prague and we visited the site of the first performance. Sadly unless I completely missed the point it appeared the performers were on holiday so it was recordings and puppets. I would have gone if it had been live.

Back in reality I am playing Don Giovanni to remind myself of the great man's genius. It is very hot here and the lots of flies about but it is nice to be home. I think I will devote tonight to reading. A little more Henry James perhaps.

My mood is holding and my anxiety has dissipated. Long may that last!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment