Thursday 8 May 2014

Draft Day.

Well the big day has arrived. At about midnight UK time the NFL 2014 draft kicks off in New York. For the uninitiated that means the annual selection of college football playing turning pro with the worst team picking first and the best team picking last. That of course is the theory. In reality it a high stakes poker game more akin to horse trading than poor team improving.

I always looks forward to the draft. It means the season is getting closer. But when that season starts so too does the chaos at work. I spent hardly any time in my office today. Rather I went to visit my old friend Jacek up at one of the local inpatient units. He bought me lunch, showed me round and introduced me to a lot of people. He even got me free parking. The oddest thing though was for the first time in 24 years seeing an ECT suite. Not what I expected.

It won't last though. The Trust faces as much change as the university. In but a little while that site will close and it will be all change.

The rest of the afternoon was spend doing my IT training. I think I have actually got it now.

Mood wise I feel okay, not better no worse. Tomorrow is Friday and another weekend comes. The Women's cycling tour comes to town on Saturday along with the French market and a visit from my friend Katherine. Ribs at the Fu Hao are in order. Let us hope it a pleasant weekend and that my beloved St Louis Rams pluck out some gems in the draft.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment