Sunday 25 May 2014

A Sunny Holiday Weekend.

Greetings from a beautiful sunny day in Hertfordshire. Tomorrow is the 4th and final public holiday of the last few weeks. Always odd when Easter is so late to get so many together. No more until the week of my birthday in August.

It has been a day to relax for me. Ventured out to country pub for a pint of IPA then made some Pimm's when I got home. A half shoulder of lamb is slow roasting in the oven and a Mozart opera is accompanying my afternoon. I didn't have any lunch today so very much looking forward to the lamb at 6.30 pm.

The really big news is that it is now day 4 of trying to give up smoking and so far so good. I bought a vapouriser which helps a great deal. Tastes odd, little bit like pipe tobacco but I'm doing okay so far. Let's hope it lasts and I don't have continued hassle from Doctors and Dentists-they are a pain in the bum.

Tomorrow I will be in a the fine Horse and Groom pub in Hatfield with some friends from work followed by a curry. It has taken 7 years but I've finally found people there who are quite happy to go out for a few pints without making a big fuss of it. Invitations are rare but welcome.

I think I'm doing okay mentally. I'm back to my normal dose of Risperidone after raising it for a few weeks. Term is over so maybe it will be quiet in the coming weeks. Dad and I are off to Prague and Vienna in July. I went to the former at a very low point of my illness so recall little of it. I've never been to the latter.

See you soon-yes the audience has returned now.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment