Monday 5 May 2014

Black Sheep and Country Pubs.

Today is a public holiday in the UK. It was introduced I'm told by the Labour government for workers on May Day. Very Russian to celebrate May Day. Cornish too down in Padstow where the great Rick Stein overwhelms the place with his eateries. After several low days I do feel somewhat better. Nice not to be working. That can wait until tomorrow.

On a lovely sunny day I headed first to town then to a country pub. I discovered the Plough at Smallford on one of my jaunts with my former ultimate boss David. We go out for lunch every 2-3 months or so. Down a country lane it is the epitomy of an old English pub. And they served me a splendid pint of Black Sheep ale. That too has featured in Stein's programmes. All very civilised.

I'm home now. Had my Darjeeling tea and Bath bun and am now listening to Offenbach's La Belle Helene. I do so like his comic operas. I will make a lamb and prune tagine shortly then contemplate what to do on a free evening. Now I feel a little better I suppose the world is my oyster.

Reality starts again tomorrow. I wonder how I will cope after my most recent setback? I'll let you all know when I get there.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment