Sunday 4 May 2014

A Flicker of Emotion.

After 2 days of utter emptiness I have finally started to feel something. What I feel is not great and I remain depressed at about -2 on my scale but something is better than nothing. Has the slow march back from the depths started? God I hope so.

A Mozart mass is playing at the moment. Before then I listened to Vivaldi. At 3 pm I will switch over to the radio for Choral Evensong. It hails from the old enemy at St John's. We sure took that rivalry seriously back in the singing days. I do hope they have sharpened their tone and got rid of that awful vibrato that marked their singing in the 1970s and 80s.

A pork shoulder joint is in the oven slow roasting. Smells rather good but today I will not share it. I don't feel like seeing or speaking to people still. That will come back. It remains to be seen how I feel come Tuesday when I have to go back to work. If it is like today I will probably stay home. That said the aimlessness of a Bank Holiday weekend probably isn't conducive to moving my mood back into the + territory I so desperately need.

Not sure about tonight. Maybe I will venture out. I did briefly last night but found it very hard. I did manage to sponsor a friend's charity haircut-he raised more than £500 for the charity that so helped our friend Jeff in his battle with cancer. As I sat there last night Jeff's photo looked down at me. I know what he would say-"fight"! That is what I kept telling him in his battle. Now he gets to return the advice from beyond the grave. I still miss him.

Oh well, back to a little more reading. See you soon.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment