Friday 4 October 2013

Supersized Diet-Only in America!

Given that this blog is dedicated to mental health and food it is supremely ironic that the 2 most viewed posts of all time are about not eating and dieting. Yes, yesterday's post really pumped up the volume on visits to my blog. Since May I have posted 2 posts whilst ill and unable to eat much. Partly that shows my bad luck in the last few months in stomach bugs; this is 4th I have had this year. But more importantly it shows that dieting and weight loss are more popular subjects that mental health and food. The common denominator? The USA.

Considering my passion for American football it might strike the reader as odd that I have never been there. When I left Cambridge when my breakdown happened and I battled madness I had a great zeal to go but lacked the money. Now even though I have more money I still can't afford to go. Maybe 1 day.

Currently 2 of my students are in the USA either studying or doing a work placement. The 1 in California has already blogged on how colossal American portioons of food are. This confirms what I have learned from other friends who have visited that mighty country. As an occasional viewer of "Man vs Food" on TV I think I would just be sick. When I go out to eat I always have small portions or leave half of it. For a foodie I have remarkably small appetite. I'm more interested in the cooking than the eating.

From the response to the 2 blogs on weight loss I guess there is a great market across the pond for advice on dieting. I'm afraid to all my friends there I am simply not the person to ask. But it is nice to have so many viewers.

As for me I'm still not well. I have eaten a can of soup and a salad in the last 48 hours. I'm supposed to be going out later and if I do I will eat little. Go away bug, I want to get back to normal even if I'm not as healthy as I might be. In anticipation I'm planning on cooking Lancashire hotpot for the first time in my life tomorrow; let's hope I make it.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment