Wednesday 23 October 2013

Coughing and Spluttering.

For the last 2 weeks of so I have been holding off the cold that has been scything its way through the people who populate my little world. I didn't so much feel ill just having a very back cough, blocked sinuses and multiple sneezing fits. That was until today when I succumbed to it in all its facet. I woke up barely able to speak, coughing my lungs out and feel very run down. I called in to cancel today then retired to bed. 2 1/2 later I was woken by a dream of mum. She looked younger than she did at the end of her life and had lost weight. Not sure if it was a good or a bad dream but dreams of mum are very unsettling.

Sadly I was unable to get a day just laying down and resting. My need for paper and crap food drove me into town for a while. Tomorrow is the first day of my MSc and search as I did in my flat I could not find paper to make notes on. I returned full of exhaustion. I'm now listening to radio 3 in anticipation of choral evensong at 3.30 pm. It is from the archives of 1981 when I had more hair, was shorter, lighter, and prior to mental illness taking over my life. Yes King's are on then. In the meantime I write this piece.

I did manage some reading. Not course reading as I planned but a rather fine book that a friend recommended which I started on Friday. If you are as sceptical about therapy as I am you must read "Gabriel's Angel" by Mark A Radliffe. I haven't stopped laughing since I started:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gabriels-Angel-Mark-Radcliffe/dp/0955336783/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1382536265&sr=1-1&keywords=gabriels+angel

Talking of books I'm still waiting for my copy of "Charon's Ferry". It is taking an awfully long time. But it will get here in the end.

I have to be better tomorrow. Whatever tomorrow brings I will make it to my study day. I'll report back later.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment