Sunday 20 October 2013

Slow Journey, Friendly Face.

It was not a good journey back from Kent today. The rain was pouring, we almost missed the train and there were no trains home beyond Alexandra Palace. So it was onto  a bus which made the trip more than an hour longer than normal. Seeing the floods on the road in north London there must have been a hell of a downpour. And we woke up to a sunny day in Kent.

As the rain came down I headed for a taxi to be greeted by a young Muslim driver with the traditional beard. Many of the drivers where I live come down from Luton where there is a large Asia community. I don't like the daily racist comments I hear around here. It has of course got worse since 9/11. For all people's foolish arrogant attitudes it was all proved wrong today. He was a charming polite young man. We talked of his homeland in Bangladesh, of his culture, his food and of course Eid. Why people have to be so bigoted and rude I have no idea. The man I met today was delightful. As he dropped me off he said "I enjoyed talking to you". As nice end to a difficult journey.

You may have worked out from my last post that it was a difficult week for me. Escaping to see dad was just what I needed. We all met up for Sunday lunch today in the Castle-very good carvery. I don't know when I will be down again. Maybe Christmas, maybe before. I have good friends there so in tough times it is a haven.

Tomorrow is very full on but I will have a nice break for lunch with Dory-ribs at China Sky-real Chinese food!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment