Tuesday 5 March 2013

A Bright Sunshiny Day.

It has been a beautiful day round these parts. My bipolar people of awakening from their winter slumbers, the end of term is in sight, the sun is out and day I say it spring has arrived? Brave words I guess. After my bad week last week it seems my mood too is gently edging upwards.

Tuesdays are often difficult for me; last week was dreadful. Today was better. For today I had one of my most powerful allies visiting. With her came the vision for mental health in Hertfordshire in the future. Some parts sounded really exciting, others were terrifying. But what is clear as I point out at the end of "Charon's Ferry" is that being a professional nutter is no longer an option. Actually I fear many of my compatriots will not be happy with what I have to say about benefits and work. But as Miriam pointed out someone had to say it.

Coming away from the new vision though I still ask myself the questions, what is different? We embrace recovery, that is not new. We are asked to do more with less, no different. There will be a hierarchy of need. I have been saying this for years although it does appear PD may move up the pecking order. Get everyone in and out as fast as possible. They have been doing that ever since I entered the mental health system on a hot steamy day in July 1991. They failed then, will they fail now? Have we really overcome discrimination in the work place? Well I would say I am an exception not a rule. But the biggest question remains the same, who makes the judgement of severity??? That is where they got it catastrophically wrong in my case-it could have been resolved 5 years earlier. That story is all in "A Pillar of Impotence". My jury is still out on the future.

Of course I can't talk madness all the time. I'm home, had my fill of belly pork, I enjoyed my trip to Cambridge and I did some good today. Now that is always the bottom line, did I do some good. So I return to a quiet night of beer and TV-Rick Stein is on at 9 pm.

I Heard a Voice.

PS I now have 3 5* reviews for Charon's Ferry":

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00AR2V0GO/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

No comments:

Post a Comment