Friday 22 March 2013

A Man From Beyond the Sea.

Way back in 1980 as a 10 year old I toured Australia for the first time. I turned 11 staying in Melbourne with a woman called Heather and her son Dean. Dean's birthday was in the same week and we had a joint birthday party although he is a year older than me. In 1983 I toured again and saw Dean and Heather for a 2nd time-he was a changed man. In 1994 when I was in hospital Heather took me out for lunch and told me a little of Dean's troubles.

Tomorrow Dean or Mintu as he is now known and I will met again. He comes via cancer, addiction, mental illness, New Zealand and Germany and I come via breakdown, suicide, weed, psychosis and final redemption. It could be a long few days as we catch up. Heather died 2 years ago, my mum died almost exactly a year; I guess we have much to talk about.

I am shattered after another carnage filled week at work. Sooner or later it will overwhelm me. I was speaking to my friend Mala today. She is overwhelmed too but at least as she put it she has order in her life-her diary is set out. Mine is not, when the shit hits the fan I go shovelling shit.

Thanks God I only have 3 more working days until the break. Then is off to see dad again. That is of course if the weather lets me. Nothing here yet but we are expecting a white out tomorrow. Whatever happens I hope it does not stop me seeing the man from beyond the sea.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment