Friday 29 March 2013

The Missing Music.

Good Friday was always fun back in the King's days. In part that was because once we had finished singing in the morning we were free for the rest of the day. Better still though was the music. Allegri's "Miserere" and Lotti's "Crucifixus" simply stunned the congregation in that mighty building. It wasn't until years later that I realised that the Lotti was but a part of larger "Credo". I have fine recording of it at home.

Since then I have carried on the tradition of listening to both pieces of music on Good Friday. Sadly not this year though-I left the CDs at home. Must rectify that failure when I get home on Tuesday.

We made it the crematorium yesterday. Sadly, although the sun continued the strong wind prevented us spreading the ashes in the sea. I guess we will do that another time. The day passed without incident and I had a splendid evening in the pub with Miriam.

Today I went out for lunch and had my hair cut. I'm getting used to my new glasses-the lens area is much smaller that on my old pair so I'm getting used to the odd sensation of moving my head rather than my eyes to see. For those who don't know me I normally wear contact lenses but it is good to take a break sometimes.

Later I will be improvising a Sri Lankan prawn curry. I made a paste earlier that smells fragrant and fiery-hope I don't blow everyone away. Tomorrow I meet with another old friend Lynne. And yes you have guessed it she has bipolar too. Us crazies must stick together.

Meetings aside I am enjoying the rest. No stress to think of which is a marked change from the last few weeks. Perhaps I will get back to my normal self if I can still find it. The last few months have made me question once again who I am and what I'm doing. Most importantly I have got through the critical February-March axis without crashing. But as the Duke of Wellington once said "it was a close run thing". Here is to staying well!

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment