Thursday 28 March 2013

Sun is in the Sky!

As March heads towards history and April beckons the sun has finally broken through the gloom of recent weeks. Tomorrow is Good Friday-I will be forced to eat fish-and on Sunday it is the Boat Race. All hail the coming of the Pimm's season!

Time has flown. It was a year ago today that mum died. I am down in Kent with my dad and Miriam is here. They are off shopping and I'm trying to work out how to warm my feet up; the sun may be out but it remains cold and windy. Theoretically we will spread my mum's remaining ashes in the sea later but that depends on the continued sunshine and calm.

I am relieved to be away from work. What a term. Who knows where I will be this time next year. What I do know is that by then "Charon's Ferry" will be a reality in concrete form. People ask if I will write another book. Maybe but not yet.

My return to Hertfordshire is scheduled for next Tuesday. The following day I will go to St Albans and visit a Greek restaurant. Then on the Thursday I will head for Borough Market with the wonderful Dory; she will see the sites of "A Pillar of Impotence". Finally to rest. Well not strictly true as I will be proofing the book. There may be another post today but for now goodbye.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment