Sunday 10 March 2013

So Much for Spring.

It is now 11.40 UK time in my quiet part of Hertfordshire. Another Sunday, another break from the chaos of my life. The Messiah plays in the background. There is a joint of beef in the fridge and a bottle of Chianti warming on the top. And I find myself on here contradicting my last post. It is bitterly cold out and there are flakes of snow in air. So different to Tuesday when I was last on here.

A year ago I was in the dark despair of my relapse. Although I have feared another one this year it has not happened. In truth I have no idea where my mood is today. I'm just too tired. After the end of last week I'm surprised I'm still standing. Believe me the mental dam at the university well and truly broke over me in the latter part of the week. But I survived. What cannot be done is to sustain such a level of effort that was required on Thursday and Friday. And it is shaping up to be a long Monday too.

So today I say fuck that, it can wait until tomorrow. I will sit back and enjoy the Handel, read the paper then watch the rugby this afternoon. Tomorrow does not come until tomorrow.

I Heard a Voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment